Continuing Education Requirements
NC Licensed Home Inspectors must attain Continuing Education (CE) annually by September 10, except for those licensed after June 1st through September 30th of the current license period.
There are two (2) types of CE courses that are required.
- Board-developed Update course (4 hour)
- Elective course(s) (8 hours)
Total annual CE required is 12 hours.
[NOTE: newly licensed individuals who have not taken the Board approved 200 hour pre-licensing course are required to take an additional 4 hours of CE for their first three (3) years of licensure]
For a list of courses offered by approved sponsors go to: https://apps.ncdoi.net/f?p=135:125::::::
- To search for course type select "Elective" or "Update" from the Type dropdown menu.
- To view additional course information, click on course sponsor name located in the "Sponsor" column.
Education Sponsor Information
There are several types of Board approved Education Sponsors/Instructors:
- Pre-Licensing (Classroom and Field Trainers)
- Continuing Education (Update and Elective)
Application forms for Sponsor, Instructor and Courses are listed below under Files