State Electrical Division
The State Electrical Division is a department within Engineering's Risk Management Division of the Office of State Fire Marshal. The State Electrical Division works closely with the Codes Division and the Manufactured Building Division by providing the regulatory authority over all classes of electrical systems.
- Interprets the State Electrical Code and provides public access to State adopted amendments
- Oversees the approval of suitable qualified testing laboratories and national standards
- Provides educational resources that are related the electrical industry
- Responsible for testing and certification of School Maintenance Electricians
- Inspects all NC Department of Transportation owned traffic control electrical equipment
- Provides Fire Investigations from an electrical perspective for local jurisdictions and the State Bureau of Investigation upon request