Certification and Qualification
The NC Live Fire Instructor Program meets the NFPA 1402, 1403, 1142, 1584 Professional Qualifications.
Successful completion of all five (5) Live Fire 2019 Edition Phases will result in the Live Fire Instructor NFPA 1041 2018 edition Qualification, and the Live Fire Instructor IFSAC Certification.
- The candidate must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- The candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent recognized by the State Department of Public Instruction (i.e., GED). This requirement may be waived for an individual who completed certification objectives prior to October 1, 1990
- Successful completion of all five (5) Live Fire 2019 Edition Phases (I - V) TRD0071 - TRD0075
July 1, 2020 - Current
- Fire Service Instructor Level II Certified
- Firefighter Qualified Instructor for five (5) years
- Current Firefighter Qualified Instructor (04Q179)
Interested in becoming a Live Fire Instructor?
Beginning October 1st, If you meet the prerequisites listed above, you can access the first phase of the Live Fire program through your OSFM 24 Student Record. This course will only be active online from October 1st, 2021 -December 31st, 2021.
Phases II -V will be announced on the Training Scheduler.
04R0197-Live Fire Re-qualification for Live Fire Instructors
September 2020-June 2021
This Live Fire Upgrade is required for instructors who are only Live Fire Qualified. This upgrade will provide a bridge class to bring all live fire instructors up to date with the NFPA 1041 standard 2019 edition. Instructors will be required to complete a LP Burn. This course will be scheduled in four-day blocks at each identified location.
- Live Fire & LP Gas Instructors who missed the 04R0196 - Live Fire Re-qualification, are able to attend the first day of the current 04R0197 Live Fire Re-qualification. The first 4 hours will be lecture based and previous LP instructors will not be required to burn.
Please visit the Training Schedule for course offerings and OSFM 24 to register.