Certification and Qualification
The NC Live Fire Instructor Program meets the NFPA 1402, 1403, 1142, 1584 Professional Qualifications.
Successful completion of all five (5) Live Fire 2019 Edition Phases will result in the Live Fire Instructor NFPA 1041 2018 edition Qualification, and the Live Fire Instructor IFSAC Certification.
- The candidate must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- The candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent recognized by the State Department of Public Instruction (i.e., GED). This requirement may be waived for an individual who completed certification objectives prior to October 1, 1990
- Successful completion of all five (5) Live Fire 2019 Edition Phases (I - V) TRD0071 - TRD0075
July 1, 2020 - Current
- Fire Service Instructor Level II Certified
- Firefighter Qualified Instructor for five (5) years
- Current Firefighter Qualified Instructor (04Q179)
Interested in becoming a Live Fire Instructor?
Beginning October 3rd, If you meet the prerequisites listed above, you can access the first phase of the Live Fire program through your OSFM 24 Student Record. This course will only be active online from October 3rd, 2022 -December 31st, 2022.
Phases II -V will be announced on the Training Scheduler.