Fire Prevention Week
Did You Know...
- Fire Prevention Week is observed each year during the week of October 9th, in commemoration of the Great Chicago Fire.
- Fire Prevention week will be held October 3-9, 2021.
- The 2021 Fire Prevention week campaign is “Learn the Sound of Fire Safety!”
- When an alarm makes noises - a beeping or chirping sound - you must take action!
Top Safety Tips
- A continuous set of three loud beeps - beep, beep, beep - means smoke or fire. Get out, call 9-1-1, and stay out.
- A single chirp, every 30 or 60 seconds, means the battery is low and must be changed.
- All smoke alarms must be replaced after 10 years.
- Chirping that continues after the battery has been replaced, means the alarm is at the end of its life and the unit must be replaced.
- Make sure your smoke and CO alarms meet the needs of all your family members, including those with sensory and/or physical disabilities.