Did You Know...
- Grill fires cause an estimated $37 million in property loss each year.
- Almost half of home, grill fires happen between 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 58% of home, grill fires occur during the months of May, June, July and August.
- Patios, terraces, screened-in porches and courtyards are leading home locations for grill fires.
Top Safety Tips
- Only use grills outdoors, away from siding and deck railings.
- Clean grills often and remove grease and/or fat build-up.
- Make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting.
- Have a 3-foot safe-zone around grills and campfires.
- Keep kids and pets away from the grilling area.
- Dispose of coals after they have cooled in a metal can.
- Never leave grills, fire pits and/or patio torches unattended.
July 18, 2018
Grilling Fire Safety
Grilling Safety Resources
This page was last modified on 11/29/2021