Home Fire Sprinklers
Did You Know…
- A home fire can become deadly in as little as two minutes.
- Automatic fire sprinklers have been in use in the U.S. since 1874.
- Home fires are deadlier today due to the lightweight building material and flooring that burns faster and are made of synthetics that create deadly smoke as they burn.
- The death rate is more than 80% lower in homes with fire sprinklers than in homes without fire sprinklers.
- Nationally, the average cost of installing sprinklers in new homes can range from $1.35 to 3.66 per square foot.
- Home fire sprinklers detect a fire and control it automatically and nearly 85% of the time, only one sprinkler activates during a fire.
- Home fire sprinklers save lives and property when coupled with working smoke alarms and fire escape plans.
This page was last modified on 11/29/2021