Did You Know...
- Fire Prevention Week is observed each year during the week of October 9th, in commemoration of the Great Chicago Fire.
- NFPA is celebrating the 100th anniversary of Fire Prevention Week, which will be held October 9-15, 2022.
- The 2022 Fire Prevention week campaign is “Fire won't wait. Plan your escape.”
- "Fire won't wait. Plan your escape," works to educate everyone about simple, yet important actions, they can take to keep themselves and those around them safe from home fires.
Top Safety Tips
- Fire is Fast! You could have less than 2 minutes to get out safely, once your smoke alarms sound.
- Smoke alarms sense smoke well before you can, alerting you to danger.
- Smoke alarms need to be in every bedroom, outside of the sleeping areas, and on each level of your home.
- Knowing two ways out of every room is an important piece of your home fire escape plan.
- Have an outside meeting place, that is a safe distance from your home, where everyone should meet.
This page was last modified on 10/28/2022