Safe Kids NC Conference
May 23-26, 2022 Great Wolf Lodge
Join us in Concord for the annual Safe Kids North Carolina Conference!
The NC Department of Insurance-Office of State Fire Marshal is excited to offer the Safe Kids NC (SKNC) Conference in person this year! Please refer to the Covid-19 information section below, for further details.
This year's conference will provide attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest in community risk reduction and injury prevention, with the option to earn all six CEU's needed for Child Passenger Safety (CPS) recertification. Presentations will be offered by injury prevention coordinators and industry specialists on various risk areas, emerging trends, communication & fundraising strategies, community organization and much more!
Who should attend? Injury prevention coordinators, SKNC coordinators and coalition members, law enforcement, emergency medical personnel, firefighters, health care professionals, and anyone who works to assist in preventing childhood injuries.
Space is limited so register early. We hope to see you in Concord!
Safe Kids NC Conference Program
Registration is Now Closed
Early Registration: $175.00 per person (On or before April 15, 2022)
Late Registration: $200.00 per person (April 16, 2022 and after)
Registration & Check deadline: May 6, 2022. (checks must be received by May 6, 2022)
Attendees are encouraged to register early as space is limited!
The Safe Kids NC team, as well as the staff at the Great Wolf Lodge, will be following local guidelines at the time of the conference.
Reservations: In order to receive the reduced conference room-rate, you must reserve your room prior to Sunday, April 22, 2022.
Conference Registration: Early registration ends April 15, 2022. Conference registration ends May 6, 2022.
** Refund Policy: The conference will be held unless there is a state of emergency in NC. There will be no penalty for cancellation/refund requests received on or before May 6, 2022. Late refund requests from attendees who are unable to attend, due to a death or family emergency will be considered on a case-by-case basis by Safe Kids NC.
Substitution Policy: Substitutions are welcome any time before or after the indicated deadline. Registration fee may be transferred from one registrant to another.
Contact email@example.com to make a substitution.
Great Wolf Lodge
10175 Weddington Road
Concord, NC 28027
Group Code: 2205SAFE
- Great Wolf Lodge: 704-549-8206 - Standard room rates are $78.90 plus taxes & a $4.99 reduced lodge fee.
- Central Reservations Department 1-866-751-9653 (same group code above).
- Room rate will be honored 2 days pre-conference & 1 day post conference based on availability.
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card hold.
- Hotel rate includes water park passes for each sleeping room occupant, for the duration of the event.
- Please adhere to the hotel cancellation policy.
- Free on-site parking is available.
Reservations must be made by Friday, April 22, 2022. After the cutoff date, reservations at the group rate are not guaranteed.
Conference meals include:
- Monday (May 23): Lunch (SK Coordinators only)
- Tuesday (May 24): Lunch
- Wednesday (May 25): Breakfast & Lunch
- Thursday (May 26): Breakfast
Breakfast will be served in The Loose Moose Cottage. Attendees must bring their name badge for meal entry.
Family members are welcome to join attendees for breakfast at their own expense.
2022 AWARDS INFO
Safe Kids NC is now accepting nominations to recognize outstanding injury prevention efforts by Safe Kids NC coalitions, individuals, agencies, or programs.
Nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
- Safe Kids NC Coalition of the Year
- Safe Kids NC Coordinator of the Year
- Excellence in Injury Prevention by an Individual
- Outstanding Outreach Initiative
- Child Passenger Safety Professional of the Year
- Richard Sales Program of the Year
All nominations must be received by 5pm on April 14, 2022.
Download form prior to entering data, then open with Adobe. Complete the form and click the "save" button at the bottom of the page.
Send completed form to Lisa Blackmon: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on 05/17/2022