License Requirements and Qualifications
Each applicant approved by the Board for a license as a manufactured home manufacturer, dealer, or set-up contractor shall furnish a corporate surety bond, cash bond or fixed value equivalent. Bond forms are attached below under files.
See NCGS 143.143.12 for specific information.
All applicants are subject to a criminal history check, pursuant to NCGS 143.143.10A. After submission of your initial application, a fingerprint packet will be emailed with instructions. Contact your local sheriff's department or county bureau of identification for an appointment.
Requirements for Set Up Contractor’s License
To obtain a set up contractor’s license you will be required to:
Submit an electronic application 30 days prior to the next scheduled testing date
Qualifier must pass a written test which will be administered by the Manufactured Building Division at 325 North Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27603
Requirements for a Dealer & Salesperson's License
Submit an electronic application
Dealer must submit escrow account information to include the name and location (city and state) of the bank. See NCGS 143.143.50 for further information.
The salesperson will be issued a temporary license upon receipt of application and all required information from the dealer and salesperson.
To receive a permanent salesperson license, an individual must pass a written exam administered by the Manufactured Building Division. Exams are usually administered immediately after the seminar.
To register for the NCMHA Housing Specialist Seminar, contact the North Carolina Manufactured Housing Association .
* Please note that this seminar is not administered by or affiliated with the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Submit a New Application:
(1) To begin a new license application, select the desired license type:
Transfer or Renew an Existing License:
(2) Select the following link. Enter your licensing information as it appears on your current license and press the "Send Setup Email" button. If the information entered matches the licensing record in our system, you will receive an email with instructions to create your new North Carolina Identity Management (NCID) login account.
(3) After you have created and verified your NCID account, return to the initial account set up email from DO_NOT_REPLY@ncdoi.gov and click on the link in Step #3 to activate your application portal. Use your established NCID to access your application portal.
(4) To return to your application portal, select the following link and enter your NCID username and password:
For questions or further assistance, please contact the North Carolina Manufactured Building Staff at MBD@ncdoi.gov or 919-647-0000.
Setup Contractor Notice and Test Dates for 2022